There are many ways to get involved and show your support of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia this month. One small act can make a remarkable difference to the men and women who are impacted by dementia.
Top 5 ways you can make a difference this month:
- Learn more about Alzheimer’s disease. Understanding Alzheimer’s disease and dementia is the best way to help those that are impacted. Do you know the risks, prevention, and how to best support those with the disease?
- Spread the word. Talk to family and friends about dementia and build awareness in your community. You can also get involved in our advocacy efforts by becoming a Champion for Dementia. By becoming a Champion, you can help to bring positive change to the lives of Ontarians who have been impacted by dementia.
- Host or Attend a Coffee Break. Coffee Break® is our major nationwide annual fundraiser where friends, co-workers and customers gather in communities across Canada to raise funds for their local Alzheimer Society. Host your own event or visit a Coffee Break near you to make a donation in exchange for a cup of coffee.
- Make a donation. Your donation will support vital programs that men and women with dementia depend on.
- Leave a gift in your will. Consider making a lasting impact through our Legacy Giving program. A bequest is one of the easiest ways to make a legacy gift. Your current income won’t be affected, and you can receive significant tax benefits. Take the first step, request our free estate planner and guide today.