Exciting volunteer opportunities are coming this fall as part of the Alzheimer Society’s new Volunteer Mobilization Initiative. Seven Societies throughout Ontario will be promoting projects offering unique and creative opportunities for volunteers. Kicking off these projects is a new Speakers Bureau.
Join Our Speakers Bureau
Have you ever thought about becoming a public speaker, or using your public speaking experience for a good cause? The Alzheimer Society in Brant, Haldimand-Norfolk and Hamilton and Halton is looking for volunteers now to join its new Speakers Bureau. This is your chance to learn about dementia and the support offered by the Alzheimer Society, and then give presentations to health-care providers and the public about this emerging health issue.
Rewards for you
- Promote a cause you are passionate about
- Actually make a difference in the life of people with dementia
- Improve and enhance your own skills and experience
- Experienced in public speaking or confident enough to enjoy the challenge
- Available for one day of training
- Able to commit to speaking 4 hours per month
For more information, please contact Kerri Emberlin, Manager, Volunteer Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org
|About the Blog Author: Karen McCall is an Alzheimer Society volunteer helping to make a difference.